MCC Bulletin Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Society for the Handicapped Loan Closet

Go down

Society for the Handicapped Loan Closet Empty Society for the Handicapped Loan Closet

Post  gunny2705 Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:41 pm

The society for handicapped children and adults has an extensive loan closet available for those in need of adaptive equipment. They have an array of shower chairs, crutches, canes, walkers, beds, and any other equipment one with physical limitations may need. They had a lift recliner chair waiting for someone coming to borrow it. For those who can't afford it and need them, they have adult diapers.

I wish I knew about this resource a year ago when I purchased a power chair, wheelchair for the shower, grab bar pole, lift chair recliner etc. for my mom.
We were blessed this week to borrow a new bed for my mom that is fully electric and has the alternating pressure pump to prevent bed sores. This bed was used 1 time and was manufactured in July/2014. It sells new for over $5,000 so there's no way we could have purchased it. She can use it as long as she needs to. This is an excellent resource I thought I'd share.

gunny2705

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum